Driving in Iceland can be tricky - but if you listen carefully to Elfis you should be fine.
Single lane bridges
Weather in Iceland
Keep in mind
Live threatining animals
Passing on gravel roads
1. Everyone in the car needs to wear seatbelt.
2. Do not stop or park the car on the road except in case of emergency.
3. Lower your speed when you approach and drive on a gravel road.
4. Choose the speed in accordance with the road surface.
5. Check the weather and road surface in advance on
6. Make sure you get enough sleep in summer when there's daylight 24 hours.
7. Be sure that you have the driving lights always on - night and day.
8. The car that approaches a single lane bridge first, crosses first.
9. Sheep and other livestock you see near the road can suddenly run across the road.
10. Don't risk your life and safety by driving into a CLOSED road.
© 2013 Samgöngustofa. All Rights Reserved.